Innovation reducing environmental impact and costs of PV
A feature on this evening’s which can reduce the cost and toxicity of cadmium telurite PV cells. Apparently cadmium chloride is an essential element to make the cell work … but researchers from Liverpool University have discovered that magnesium chloride can be substituted with no reduction in efficiency.
Cadmium telluride cells in themselves are, apparently, a lower cost alternative to silicon cells.
Listen to the broadcast here.
A more detailed article published in today’s Independent can be read here.
- Community energy organisations from across Devo...
- The SWDCEP General Forum met on the 20th July i...
- 28th September 2015 This free workshop will foc...
- Fossil-fuel consumption subsidies worldwide amo...
- Learn about the opportunities locally for wood ...